About the plugin
The plugin is called WP Post Signature.
How to download
- Go to the Plugins tab on your left hand sidebar in WordPress.
- Select “Add New”
- Enter “WP Post Signature” in the search bar
- The plugin we are looking for should be the very first one. Click on the “Install Now” button.
- The plugin should download automatically.
- Click on “Activate Plugin”
- You should be redirected to your list of Plugins.
Creating a custom signature
- Now it’s time to create your custom signature. It is so easy to do this in PicMonkey or Canva.
- Try this image size – 250 pixels wide x 75 pixels high.
- Make sure it has a Transparent background.
- Note: In order to save an image with a transparent background, it must be saved as a .png (not .jpg). Make sure when you save it, you save as a .png.
- Now, create your Signature, using whatever font you like in PicMonkey or Canva.
- Save the image as a .png in a place you will be able to find it easily later on your computer.
- Save your image to your Media Files in your blog.
- Copy the File location link for the image.
Instructions to add your custom signature to the plugin
The final step in this process is to add your signature image to the plugin.
- Go back to the lefthand sidebar in WordPress and select “Settings”.
- Find “WP Post Signature” in the list.
- Enter your HTML for your signature in the box.
Create the HTML like this:
<center><img src=”link to your image goes here” alt=”Signature” style=”border: 0px;width:250px;height:75px”></center>
If you don’t want it centered, delete <center> and </center>. Change the width and height (if necessary), and replace “link to your image goes here” with your image link.